Tuesday, October 16, 2012

You Gotta Have Faith

It has been two weeks since my last post and I have been incredibly busy!


Call A PLUMBER!
Yep, I asked DH to fix a leaky toilet and we ended up with water shooting out of our wall.  Apparently, we should not be DIY any plumbing!  Thankfully the home warranty covered it, but it happened over a weekend, and we couldn't have the water on.  We packed up and spent two nights at my parents place until we could get a plumber out to fix it.

DH is Injured!
The very next day after our plumbing mishap, my husband tore his Achilles tendon playing adult soccer.  He had surgery and now he is safely tucked on the couch with his leg elevated.  He's on crutches and scooting around the house in a rolling desk chair or doing a crawl on the floor to hang with the baby.  He's out of work for 6 weeks on short term disability since he is in outside sales.  That's the only real source of any stress for me, is having to trim about $800 of expenses out of our monthly budget.  He also has a company looking at him for a new position - and we are hoping that this injury doesn't infere with that.

Party!!!
This past Sunday was my baby girls Christening and reception.  I have been planning and doing some DIY projects to put together a really cute party on a very tight budget.  I'll post pics soon of that. It was stressful pulling it all together on my own since my DH couldn't really help since he was on crutches.  But, I'm really really proud of how it turned out.

Work Work Work!!
I'm working like crazy, doing our marketing plans and FY 12 annual results.  On top of that, I've got another company interested in hiring me. It sounds like a good thing, but honestly I just don't have the bandwith to interview right now.

Like I said, I've been busy.  I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason, and that we're just due a few little dramas after having a really wonderful year last year.  After all, this time last year we were closing on our new house and pregnant after a 2 year infertility struggle.  So, what's a little injury, a busy work schedule, a plumbing problem really?

No comments:

Post a Comment